Monday, September 24, 2012

In Which I Revise (Still)

So I'm revising Break Free. Scratch that. I've been revising Break Free for maybe 2 months? 3? I dunno, I'm a terrible estimator of time and I'm waaaaay too lazy to go look.

Okay I lied. I'm not that lazy. Okay wait. Yes I am, I'm just more curious than lazy. It's been just a little over 2 months say my records. Granted there were a few weeks in there where the day job was so so busy that there was no writing done at all. And also a week of vacay where the writing stuff was not done. But still, you get the idea.

Anyhoo, where I'm going with is, next week I have another week of vacay. Staycay actually. And by vacay I mean, not working at the dayjob. Instead twin and I will be working around the house. Preparing the veggie garden for winter, yard work, house repairs etc. So, you know, better than work, but still actually doing work.



True story: this is not our garden



I'm really, really close to finishing these rounds of revisions. And then I can send the MS to a few beta readers and hope they give me the sign off to send that baby back into the world. If not, it will be more revisions. It's not like I'm really in a hurry, but I kind of am in a bit of a timing crunch to get it back out as soon as possible for varying reasons that I won't get into because that's a whole post on it's own.

So for right now, my goal is to try and revise the shit out of the MS this week in the hopes that I can send it to beta readers and not have to worry about it on my staycay. And by worry about it, I mean, not have to worry about how I'm not revising because I'm tilling the garden or tevs.

So anyway, wish me luck!

How about you? Are you revising? Or writing? Or brainstorming? I want deets!

14 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Hey, at least you finished drafting, I haven't managed to even do that. And remember when we both said we'd be done in August? LOL. Don't forget to let me beta when you're ready!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

"Revise the shit out of it" - I know the feeling!

Ellie Garratt said...

Get revising! Now! Then we can hear all about your gardening :)

Crystal Collier said...

LOL. You know, this is my favorite stage--reshaping the story world after having come to know my characters and world. Revise away, and enjoy it.

Nicole McLaughlin said...

I cracked up when I read your photo caption!!!! :)

Summer Frey said...

I wish that was my garden. My garden has dead tomato plants, dying marigolds, and more weeds than the rest of the yard combined. *sigh*

Stayvactions are the best.

Good luck on the revisions!!! :)

And I started drafting a new WIP 2 nights ago. Don't know where it came from, where it's going, or what it's about, but it seems pretty cool, so who knows?

Johanna Garth said...

I was about to be so jealous of your garden until I read the caption. I'm writing right now. Writing and writing and writing!

Anne Gallagher said...

I was on the computer for 12 hours yesterday finishing up the edits and publishing the book of novellas I tried to finish in August. A little late but now it's out in the world, so yay.

Let's not talk about the garden.

And I didn't go painting today. Or tomorrow either. Perhaps over the weekend. Maybe. I just hate it so much.

Austin Gorton said...

I leave for a vacay Wednesday morning, so I'm going crazy trying to get blog posts done and a couple proofreading requests finished before I leave (along with all the non-writerly madness that accompanies going on a trip).

When I get back, it's time to start getting Crimson Masquerade outlined...

Maria Zannini said...

You had me going with that picture of your garden. I like the occasional week off where I just do the odd jobs that need doing around the house.

Makes me feel virtuous. And that's one area where I need lots of help. :)

Southpaw said...

Best of luck! I'm in a revising stage right now too.

Mel Kinnel (@TizMellyMel) said...

I was really diggin' your garden until I read the caption. LOL!

I've just finished brainstorming and am starting to actually write something. Yay me!

Good luck on your revisions!

Unknown said...

Good luck, and I hope you get it done in time to enjoy your staycay :) I wish I had a garden for a vegetable patch; stupid city living :(

Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

Kelley Lynn said...

Good luck with revising! Just finished a revision with one of my newest works. Its tough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...