Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday Weird: Reincarnated Boy

Today we're talking about a fun murder. A fun murder you say? How can that be a thing?
Read on, and find out!




Dr. Eli Lasch was best known for developing a medical system in Gaza as part of an Israeli government operation in the 60s. He died in 2009 (no, he's not the victim) but before that, he related a story he personally witnessed to a therapist.

In Golan Heights, a region near the border of Syria and Israel, a boy was born with a long red birthmark on his skull.

He was part of the Druze ethnic group, which accepts the idea of reincarnation. Because of this, they often believe that birthmarks can be related to trauma in a past life, and so when the boy was old enough to talk and told his parents that he had been killed by a blow to the head from an axe, no one was surprised or frightened.

When children are three, it's customary to take them to the home in their previous life if they remember it. After they arrived in his village, the boy was able to remember details of his home as well as who he was in his previous life.

A village local said the man the boy purported to be in a past life had disappeared years earlier, and his family had assumed he had wandered into nearby hostile territory.

The boy disagreed. He said he'd been murdered, and knew the name of the man who had killed him.
They confronted the man, who denied everything, but the boy wasn't done.

He said he knew where his body was buried. In the spot where he indicated, the villagers found a skeleton, with a wound in the skull that corresponded to the boy's birthmark. They also found the murder weapon, an axe, buried nearby.

The man accused admitted to the crime after being faced with this evidence.

See? A fun murder? (okay, I mean, the murder was probably horrible and terrifying. But look at this fun story, with outside witnesses--one of which was a doctor! Fun, right?)

Thoughts or theories?

 

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't believe in reincarnation, but that is one wild story. Not sure how the boy knew.

Maria Zannini said...

If reincarnation exists I'm definitely coming back. ☺ There's so much more I want to try out.

I have a friend that told a similar story (without the murder). He was about three and he and his dad took a trip to another town. They were walking down a street when my friend yanked away from his father's grasp and ran down the block to a barber shop. He insisted that he worked there for many years and proceeded to tell his dad all the people who worked there.

Probably startled the heck out of his dad.

Maria Zannini said...

If reincarnation exists I'm definitely coming back. ☺ There's so much more I want to try out.

I have a friend that told a similar story (without the murder). He was about three and he and his dad took a trip to another town. They were walking down a street when my friend yanked away from his father's grasp and ran down the block to a barber shop. He insisted that he worked there for many years and proceeded to tell his dad all the people who worked there.

Probably startled the heck out of his dad.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Are you sure this story is real? Hmm. You are making me believe that reincarnation is possible.

Anyway, did you see the Flash? I was so devastated by what happened. Ugh. I'm definitely hooked on the show though.

LD Masterson said...

I don't believe in reincarnation but there are so many stories of people recalling verifiable details of their past lives it does give one pause.

Rena said...

First, I love this. As for reincarnation, I'm not sure where I stand on that issue, but I can say that if all the energy that is our soul gets exactly one trip on the planet, that's a terrible waste of energy.

Oddly, I'd heard this one before, except in the version I'd heard, it was a woman with uncurable pain in her jaw. Odd that. I hope it isn't an indication that this is an urban legend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...