Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Insecure Writer's Support Group

It's the first Wednesday of the month which means it's time for IWSG


Co-hosts this week are  Julie Flanders, Murees Dupé, Dolorah at Book Lover, Christine Rains, and Heather Gardner


I can't even believe that we've reached September already. I feel like just yesterday it was June. This summer just sped past.

I'm feeling really good, right now. Which is good, because I was pretty stressed the last month or two. But I did a crap ton of revisions on my WIP and I think it came out a lot stronger.
It still needs work, of course, but at least now it has a leg to stand on.

Of course, I haven't even finished the draft. I was at 82k, but with the revisions it's now down to 64k (and I cut closer to 30k, I just was also adding new stuff, too) but I haven't reach The End yet. Which is what I'll be concentrating on this month.

September will have to be a crazy NaNo. But instead of doing 1600 words a day, I'm going to be aiming for 4k a day. Well, not every day, but weekdays, anyway. Once I finish this draft, my life will be so much easier. I'll be able to relax some, take it a little easier. Work on some other things I've had to put aside for now.

So I guess that means I'm not feeling that insecure right now. Of course that could change. I mean, I'm writing this post on Sunday, and by the time it posts on Wednesday any amount of crazy stuff could happen. But still. Right now I'm good. And the horizon is in sight.

How are things for you right now?

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If I cut that much, my novels would become short stories!
Hey, if you're in a good spot and in the groove, keep on writing.

Crystal Collier said...

Way to go with making progress! I'm envious.

Rena said...

Sounds like a plan. I love how you're like "I know I can do this, and now I will do this." That's pretty awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...