Monday, June 30, 2014

In Which I Need A CPA

I have an appointment today with a CPA.

Which, is kind of scary.

Only because I don't like doing new things that I haven't done before, and seeing a CPA is one of those things. I mean, you can't even imaging the drama I invented just to set up the appointment (which of course, ended up being fine and easy and then I feel dumb, but there you have it)

I know it will be fine. I'm a social person. I do well in social situations. But this is a business situation, so therefore me = nervous.

But, I definitely need to have this appointment. With money coming in now from my writing, I know I need to pay estimated taxes and some such stuff and the idea of handling that myself gives me all the NOPES





So, yeah. Not much else to say today. Just trying to get some papers in order before I have my appointment.

How about you? Ever had to use a CPA for writing income?

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We use an accountant because math is not my strong suit. And I really don't want to mess up my taxes.

Matthew MacNish said...

I have a financial adviser, but if I ever get paid for my writing, I'd probably need someone whose focus was more on taxes and less on investing. Like a CPA.

Rena said...

Oh yeah, money and taxes = NOPE

And that's an awesome gif. Now off to register my car (Oh, how I love the DMV).

Maria Zannini said...

A good CPA is a miracle worker. I was amazed at the deductions she got us. Once we got the hang of it we did it ourselves, but I think we'll need one for next year since we have a lot of new variables to add.

Smart move.

Josh said...

It's a good move. Should make your life way easier than handling it on your own.

It's good though! You want to be making money with your writing. Your BRAIN that thought up those stories can bring you MONEY!

How cool is that?

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Very smart move. I'm so happy you are getting some well-deserved financial success.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer Frey said...

We've been using a CPA for years, and it's paid off in spades. Especially now that we have an income property, plus all the jazz from when E was self-employed, blah blah blah. As long as you get someone good, who you like, and you trust, it's a great decision!

Leandra Wallace said...

No advice here, just that I'd be doing the same thing in your shoes. Hope your meeting put you at ease!

Unknown said...

Yeah. You probably need the help of a CPA. You need to ascertain that all your numbers are correct and that your financial files are well-accounted for, which will be a hard task if you do it all by yourself, so that can be an added effort.

Gene Chandler @ On Core Bookeeping Services

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...