Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In Which I Got Picked!

Holy hell guys!

I was the very last cover picked for 30 covers in 30 days!! I can't even believe it! They actually did a bonus cover today and it was me! How crazy is that?!

Here's the link for the post and here's the awesome cover designed for me by Henry Sene Yee:




And here's the synopsis I had whipped up for it:

Glimpse of Another Shore, by Sarah Ahiers:

In a country where one member of each household must serve the navy in the war effort, sixteen year old Pier Arvin is doomed to spend his life as an “exotic” kelp farmer. Lame.

When Pier finds an orphaned sea serpent he decides to keep it as a pet. Everyone knows a serpent will eat a man faster than he can blink so surely the serpent, Rule, will add some excitement to his life.

Joint swims around the reef and close calls with sharks show Pier you don’t have to wear a naval uniform to find action or catch the eyes of pretty girls. But when Rule accidentally injures Pier’s younger sister and then attracts the attention of the enemy navy, Pier realizes the idea of war is very different than the real thing.

Now he has to make a choice, surrender Rule and his town to the enemy, or risk his life in an attempt to free them all.


Yay! Internet hugs for all!

29 comments:

DL Hammons said...

That TOTALLY ROCKS Sarah!!! I loved the synopsis. It sounds like a very interesting read.

Congrats!!!!!!

Roni Loren said...

That's a gorgeous cover! Congrats on winning the prize. :) Intriguing blurb too.

Anne Ahiers said...

WOOOOOOH!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Falen, that is awesome!!! Means you're special. Saved the best for last!

Dan Schwent said...

That's awesome!

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!

yokohamamama said...

Ooooh!! Beautiful cover! Makes me totally want to read it even without the synopsis--which made me really want to read it!

Summer Frey said...

So cool--and AWESOME cover!! Very, very awesome. You should hang on to that for the create space proof!

Unknown said...

OMIGOSH, Sarah!!! Holy wow!!!f

First of all, your synopsis sounds really interesting and I'd love to read it. Second, that cover is gorgeous! I'd pick that up in a store.

How exciting to see what your book might look like as a reality!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Yes! That's awesome!! Congratulations. And wow, your cover is frigging gorgeous. I'd buy that book on the cover alone, but your synopsis sealed it!! Love the voice. Love the premise. Way cool, chickadee!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Thanks everyone! I have a realization that i'll probably actually pee my pants if/when i ever get a real cover

Karen Jones Gowen said...

The cover is awesome, and so is your synopsis! Congratulations on your win!

Kittie Howard said...

Loooove the cover! Your synopsis is grrrreat! Congratulations, Sarah. I'm beyond happy for you!!!

Shannon said...

That's WICKED cool! You know it's good if I whipped out the "wicked" comment! So awesome!

H3NR7 said...

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad they decided to squeeze in your cover. It was a fun synopsis that had great potential for something visually lyrical & emotional. I wish I had more time, I would design a cover for all of these wonderful writers. Good luck with your writing. Maybe I'll get a chance to design your great novel when it gets published

Best, Henry

Al said...

How cool is that!!!!
Congratulations!

Jamie Gibbs said...

That's awesome! Congrats, Sarah. It's a damn fine cover :D

Christine Danek said...

Girl you rock. This is awesome! What a cool cover. Congrats!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Thanks everyone!

And Henry, thanks again! It really is awesome

Jacqueline Howett said...

Great news. Loved the cover and synopsis. Congratulations.

Jacqueline Howett author of The Greek Seaman, seafaring debut novel.
http://jacquelinehowett.blogspot.com/

Austin Gorton said...

That's totes awesome! And how awesome that you were the bonus cover? Like they said, we can't not do this book! I love it.

Nate Wilson said...

Holy hell indeed, that's an excellent cover! Congrats!

Southpaw said...

Congrats. What a great cover.

Sarah Ahiers said...

Tnanks all!

and teebore - that's totes how i'm going to imagine it from here on out

Unknown said...

Ohmygoodness!!! This is Amazing! Plus, I love that cover. *squeals excitedly*

Rebecca T. said...

It was the coolest thing to click open the bonus and see a name I recognized! I totally did a happy dance for you! Yeah!

DEZMOND said...

what a lovely book cover, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

AWWEEE YEEEAAHH!
(congrats)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...