* Zombpoc = zombie apocalypse
Well here we are, my first real post in 2011 (not counting the blogfests I participated in the last few days).
Also, you know what else happened with the passing of the year? We also passed my Blogoversary! That's right, I've been blogging for over 1 whole year. Yay! I blogged 215 times in 2010, which is not too shabby, if I say so myself.
Also with the new year comes new resolutions!
Let's take a look at my resolutions from last year:
1. Start a Blog (Check. Also an extra check for not abandoning said blog)
2. Finish novel (double check. I finished 2 in 2010)
3. Eat healthier (ummm check? I mean there were certainly times where I ate healthy...)
4. Lose weight (no check. I don't remember what my weight was, but I'm probably more now)
5. Submit a query (no check. Though I tacked this one on there on the off chance I would do it)
Not so bad. Certainly the Finish Novel resolution had been on my plate for a few years. Only when I allowed myself to start a new novel did I finally complete it.
So, onto 2011 resolutions:
1. Query Glimpse of Another Shore
2. Finish another novel
3. Get Hole-Ridden published
4. Lose Weight
5. Read 55 books
1. 2011 is going to be my year of the query. This I vow. Not only am I going to query it, I want to start querying hopefully in the next 3-4 months or so. I am excited.
2. NaNo will help with this one
3. I think this is doable - I've been sitting on it a bit since I've been working on Glimpse. I need to send it out again and work on some edits for a mag that said they'd take a second look at it if I made it longer. *Crosses Fingers* (update: I've sent it out again. Already off to a good start!)
4. This is pretty much a constant goal in my life.
5. In 2010 I read 43 books. So I figured adding 12 more as a goal for 2011 would be a nice challenge, but hopefully not ridiculously tough. Then next year, I can adjust the number accordingly
Hmm, I think that may be all I have. Unless I can think of another one or two.
What are your Resolutions/Goals for 2011?