Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Few Days Into 2010 And No Zombie Apocalypse Yet

Which is good, because I don't have a shotgun handy, though we do have a crowbar.
However if there's anything I've learned from Left 4 Dead 2 it's that the best melee weapons in a zombie apocalypse are katanas, machetes or fire axes.


Take that Zomb!



Anyway, with the new year comes new resolutions. I never take them too seriously and I can't remember the last time I actually stuck to one or accomplished what I set out to do for the year, though I'm sure there's been a few. But this year is different - I can feel it deep in my zombie hating bones.

2010 Resolutions:

1. Start a Blog
2. Finish novel
3. Eat healthier
4. Lose weight
5. Submit a query

1. - This has been accomplished, as you can see. I'm already ahead of the game for, like, the first time ever. Boosh!

2. - I make this resolution every year. But this year is different because in all other years I was working on another project. The current WIP, Foxfire, is pretty shiny and new, since I started it for NaNo. As it is, I'm still excited about it and pretty close to the fun end stuff.

3. - No brainer. This is something Myself, Twin and my brother (who lives in the basement) do on and off throughout the year before something causes us to fall off the wagon (typically laziness, or some sort of vacation or holiday and the aforementioned love of food)

4. - See #3. For some reason winter is the best season for me to lose weight. I don't know why I'm so backwards.

5. - This one, of course, relies on the success of #2. Also it depends on the speed of my beta readers and how much editing Foxfire needs. Though I don't expect it to need much, thanks, in part, to a sloppily constructed outline that kept me on task for NaNo. On the plus side, I've already written a query for Foxfire due to a writing group exercise. It may need one more tweak, but as it stands I'm very pleased with it. Let's hope the agents will be as well.

So, anyone have any resolutions (serious ones, or not) they want to share?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand by the fact that using a katana when you're not trained to use a katana would more likely result in you hurting yourself or a comrade instead of beheading a zombie.
The solution is to take martial arts weapons training :-)

Umm, New Year's Resolutions:

Healthy Lifestyle, which includes tracking what i eat, eating less and healthier, and working out. This should result in weight loss.

umm, that's really the only one i've got, though apparently i've been assigned the resolution of 'try to hit people less'. Which all depends on the people...

-Twin

Anonymous said...

Adding "(who lives in the basement)" makes me sound like some troll. I'd also agree with Twin that though a katana in the right hands would be a deadly weapon against zombies, it requires training or risking injury to oneself. That's why I'd go with the americanized version, the machette, which is a guaranteed success every time without the need for proper trianing. Swoosh-slice! YEAH!

-Brother

Austin Gorton said...

I've met the Brother in the Basement and I still thought "troll" when you said he lived in the basement. :)

My yearly resolutions are eerily similar to yours, though I also add "spend less money". The fact that they are yearly resolutions tells you how successful I am at achieving them...

This year I've decided to shoot for success so my resolutions are "be lazier" and "get fatter", two things I KNOW I can accomplish!

Sarah Ahiers said...

Sigh, but you do spend a lot of time down there...

Teebore - well these are typically my yearly resolutions as well - but THIS time i'm feeling good about them...

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Good luck with those resolutions - they are good ones!

Thanks for stopping by Book Dreaming, and I appreciate the shout-out you did for my contest.
I love meeting new bloggers! :-)

Hannah said...

My 2010 New Year's resolution is to make no more resolutions for the new year...so keeping in the tradition of failing resolutions, I will make a resolution to read more than last year. I only read about 30 books and I need to read more.

Sarah Ahiers said...

How do you even keep track?

Hannah said...

I put them all on Goodreads. I can mostly remember the last couple years but after that I just remember if I read an advance copy or if it just came out. My goodreads list is insane! INSANE, I tell you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...