Monday, January 5, 2015

In Which I Got Presents

We go all out crazy with presents in my family. So crazy, guys. Everyone is allowed to spend whatever they want on everyone else. Usually we tend to try to spend the same between people (if I spend $50 on Twin, then I'll try to match that between Brother, Sister and my parents) so sometimes you end up with multiple gifts for one person. And that is A-Okay.

I got a lot of great gifts this year (and Twin, Brother and I got a new Ninja blender for the house which we've already used 3 times and it is AWESOME).

But, because I like books and ask for books, I typically get a lot of books. And then I'm all "uuuugh! Which one will I read first??" (though this year I know which one I'm gonna read first. I just got to finish the book I'm reading right now)

BEHOLD! My stack of books!


Soooo pretty. I WANT TO READ THEM ALL RIGHT NOW!


And this doesn't even count the 5 books Twin got (most of which are nonfiction and I'm excited to read when she's done with them)

Twin also got me this awesome bracelet, for which I'm excited.


 
 
I have a few bracelets, but I have tiny, tiny (so tiny) wrists that most of them don't fit well. This one fits great. Also, books!

Yay for great presents! Did you guys get anything awesome for the holidays?

13 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I love that bracelet! I have tiny wrists too so I know your problem.

Re: blender
I'd been eyeing that blender. I wanted to learn how to make smoothies.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a great stack of books.
A Ninja blender? Where can I get one?

Rena said...

Those are some awesome books. And I've heard good things about the ninja.
Sounds like Christmas was good to you this year.

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Love this!!! I got some bookstore GIFTCARDS and this is birthday week so I plan to cash them in and you've given me some great book ideas!!!!

Julie Dao said...

We do the same thing with presents in my family! I think this year each person got about 10 gifts - it was out of hand! I am so jealous of your wonderful stack of books. Hope you enjoy them!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

That's a nice stack of books. I'm resolving to read more this year. Started a Mercedes Lackey book last night that's really good. Can't wait to read more.

Nate Wilson said...

That's a nice haul there, Sarah. Sadly, I received 7 fewer books than you (8, if you don't count books of crossword puzzles), but the holidays were awesome nonetheless. What I got was plenty of time with my nephews. It was especially fun to beat the twins at Mario Kart. (They're 7.)

Happy new year!

Hart Johnson said...

Love that bracelet, though I have large manly wrists, so it wouldn't work for me. Love the books, too! YAY for more to read!

Anne Gallagher said...

Love that bracelet! Gift cards are what we normally give in my family now. Except for Monster. She got everything she wanted. Naturally.

Nick Wilford said...

Great books! A nice stack like that is a good way to start the new year.

Elana Johnson said...

Fantastic stack of books!! And that bracelet is gorgeous. My favorite thing is my $5 pair of leggings...

Leandra Wallace said...

Clariel! I picked that up at the bookstore a few days ago and wanted to buy it, but the kidlet found a book instead(on planets) he wanted so we went w/that. And your twin always buys good gifts- can I throw my name in the family pot? ;)

Christine Rains said...

Terrific stack of books! And awesome bracelet. My big gift fun was spending my gift money on dice as prizes for my giveaways this month. Dice with my name on them. Yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...