Monday, December 28, 2015

In Which Gifts Are Given

Well, Christmas (for those who celebrate it) is over. Which is sad and also a bit of a relief. It's a lot of work, and my family goes crazy with presents which is a lot of fun but also a lot of work so once it's over, it's nice to get back to normal.

I got books of course. As well as a buckwheat pillow and a butter crock, and some great earrings from Twin.




Of course New Years is this week, so normal is still a ways off.

But we finally have some snow here. I mean, we've had snow a few times this year, but so far it hasn't stayed. And we're supposed to get more snow tonight, which is great. If the temperature holds or gets colder, it should actually stick around for more than a day or two.

So yay! It's not really winter, in my book, unless there's snow.

And it's my birthday in a few weeks, too, which means  . . . you guessed it, maor books! But that's great. I've been reading a ton of 2016 arcs and I'm excited to be able to buy them now that they'll be out.

And once we're into 2016 it will be end of year and beginning of year blog posts, which are always fun to write.

Anyway, how was your holiday? Did you get any fun or neat or needed gifts?

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lucky you to have snow! We were eighty degrees for Christmas Day. That sucked.
I finally got to unwrap Fallout 4 and play it.

mshatch said...

It was warm here for Christmas but it's in the 20s now and snow expected for tomorrow. I got a coloring book :)

Nicola said...

It is uncharacteristically (is that how you spell it? :))warm here in Germany. The sun is shining and the daffoldils have even been tricked into blooming. Very spring like. I must say, I love the cover of Assassins Heart, Sarah. I will be looking into that. Wishing you a fantastic and successful 2016. Enjoy the celebrations!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...