Monday, September 10, 2012

In Which I Went Shopping. Again. Surprise!

Twin and I hit up the MN Renfest this last weekend (Bro is hunting moose in Alaska with our dad and our extended family that lives in Alaska.) (For those of you asking "What is MN Renfest?" I've blogged about it in detail here, here, here, here and here and quite a few more times under the "renfest" tag,) Of course, we have season passes and hit it up every weekend, but this weekend we did some shopping.

I'm always on the lookout for another hat to add to my steampunk hat collection and finally settled on which one I wanted. I had to get the hatband at another store but so far, I luuurve my new hat. I may have to change my user pic in the near future to show it off.


La la la! I lurve you new steampunk hat!

The hat and the hatband should've been enough. But then twin was all like "You need to see this". And I walked over to see what she was looking at and she was right. I DID need to see it. And not leave the shop without it.



A steampunk garter with a pistol!


Here's another shot so you can see the little test tubes on the other side of the strap.
It was not easy taking these pics by myself

It's extra nice because they punched enough holes in the leather strap so that you can fit it on your calf, even over boots if you want.

Oh Renfest. Once again the siren song of your steampunkery snares me in your money-lessening grasp.

19 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

In the Texas backcountry, that's standard issue. LOL.

Very nice. Glad you had a good shopping trip.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Like the hat, Sarah! It fits you well.

Anne Gallagher said...

My mother is in Alaska this week, hunting icebergs on a boat.

Love the hat. Totes lurve the garter. It's so you! Now all you need is a corset with a place to hide your knife and you will be all set.

Matthew MacNish said...

I miss Renfest. A friend of the family runs the gyro stand there. And I used to get in a lot of trouble with the guy who playend Enoch for years. Ah, the good old days ...

Southpaw said...

How fun! And that is a super cool hat!

Talli Roland said...

Looks like a good shopping haul! Did you catch the closing ceremonies of the Paralympics? Lots of steampunk. I don't know why, but I always think of you when I see steampunk stuff!

TL Conway said...

Oh, yay! Glad you got a hat! And the garter is awesome as well. Looks like a successful Renfest!

Hart Johnson said...

Ha! Love those purchases! I wish we had a nearby Ren Fest. My home town does one in summer, but I never seem to be there when it's happening.

Anonymous said...

I love Steampunk.

Also, is that your Xbox Live Gamertag in your right sidebar?

Johanna Garth said...

That hat is awesome! What is in the headband? Are they old bullet casings? Or lipsticks? I honestly can't tell and I've been staring at it trying to figure it out!

vic caswell said...

heehee. you're so cute.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Queuing music by LMFAO, "I'm sexy and I know it..."

The British diving team has got nothin' on you. :)

Ellie Garratt said...

Wow. I love your new steampunk hat! Sooo jealous.

Catherine Stine said...

Very fiery! To what event will you wear it first?

Jay Noel said...

LOVE the hat! That's incredible. Pretty sure that would be tough to find down here in St. Louis

Summer Frey said...

I LOVE THAT HAT! And you look smashing in it.

Unknown said...

That's an epic hat! Very Wild Wild West :)

Lola Sharp said...

Love your purchases! I also like your hair longer. You look fab in the new badass hat. :)

Tamara said...

First of all let me say that I love the hat. A steampunk hat collection sounds like the best thing ever!!

I actually saw your name in the comments section on another blog. I'm almost positive I recognized it. Do you remember if you used to follow a blog called Chimera Critiques? It wasn't up very long, but I think you may have gotten a critique on some of your chapters?

It's been awhile, but I know I recognize the name and I'm almost positive it's from the site I used to run with the awesome Zellie Blake (she passed away two years ago of cancer)

Anyway, I recently (as in a whole week ago) decided it was time to get back into the blogsphere. I'd love it if you'd stop by and say hi!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...