Monday, February 29, 2016

In Which I Make 2016 Goals

Before we get into this post, how exciting is it that it's Leap Year today?

I didn't know that women are supposed to trap men in marriage on Leap Year. I should best get going


I think this is my first Leap Year post, even though my blog is over 6 years old. Anyway, it's not actually a big deal, just kind of a little bonus.

Also, it means, that it's still February so I'm not making my goal for the year ridiculously late. Like in March or something.
No. It's February. It's fine.

So, last week I talked about my 2015 goals and how I did, so now it's time to lay out some 2016 goals. Let's get to it.

In no particular order:

1. Read 100 books. I didn't make this goal last year, but I'm going to try it again this year. We'll see how it goes.

2. Finish my MG fantasy. This means both finish the draft and fully revise it.

3. Revise my YA fantasy. Draft is done, but it needs some work, which I'm excited to get to.

4. Teach a class. It can be anywhere on anything.

5. Teach a query writing workshop. This was a goal last year, too, but things just kept coming up. So we'll see how it goes this year.

6. Put the house up for sale. We'd really like to move this year. We'll see how it goes.

And that's pretty much it!

How about you? What are some of your goals for the year?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that you are an official published author, I bet you'll get to teach those workshops somewhere.
I guess this would be my first Leap Day post since my blog is about the same age as yours.

Leandra Wallace said...

Best of luck to you on your 2016 goals! Writing-wise, I'm hoping to write one new book. Other-wise I'm hoping to spruce up my back porch. =)

Nate Wilson said...

My only real measurable goal is for writing: to finish the first draft of my current novel and make solid progress on its rewrite. Of course, that's the goal of my productive side. My lazy side wants more procrastination. We'll see which side wins out.

Best of luck with all of your goals, Sarah. May your move go more smoothly than mine.

And best of luck with your leap year mantrap.

Maria Zannini said...

Where do you want to move? Country or city?

My most pressing goal right now is getting my taxes done. :)

Rena said...

Nice goals. I especially like how if you teach a query writing class you get two birds with one stone. That's what I call planning for success.

Rena said...

Nice goals. I especially like how if you teach a query writing class you get two birds with one stone. That's what I call planning for success.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...