Monday, April 9, 2012

In Which You Need A Critique?

Hmm, that title doesn't quite work...

Anyhoo, so a few weeks ago, I read this post on Matt's blog all about Brent Taylor's editing service.  And I was all "hmm. I could maybe use a critique.."

And then I checked his prices, and then I emailed him immediately. I'm not even joking.

And now here I am, recommending Brent to anyone who needs a MS critique.

Things that are awesome about Brent's service:

1. Affordable. Seriously, check out his webpage (linked above) for his rates. You won't find better ones.

2. Fast. It took Brent only about a week to read my MS. I'm sure length of time varies with each MS, but still. I was impressed.

3. Content. But don't think that because he's on the faster side that you won't get a great crit. Because mine was awesome. A sheet of big picture stuff (which is exactly what I wanted/needed) as well as a line edit and comments throughout the MS.


Seriously guys, Brent is awesome and I would definitely use him again.

What are you waiting for? Check him out!

14 comments:

Stina said...

I checked out Brent's website after Matt recommended him. I'll have to keep him in mind for after I finish my revisions. Though I'm betting by then he'll have upped his fees. Right now they're too good to be true.

Kittie Howard said...

Reach through the screen, Sarah. There's a glass of wine for you. Info about Brent was just what I needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Bet he has a lot of business soon between yours and Matthew's recommendation.

Unknown said...

This sounds great. I've been thinking about doing something like this after my next round of revisions so I'll have to keep this in mind.

Kelley Lynn said...

I'll have to check him out. Right now I'm good with Betas but if I think I need more, that little extra oomph from a professional service, I'll definitely give him a look.

Thanks!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Ooh I follow him on twitter.

vic caswell said...

wow! a WEEK!?!?! that's sooo fast!

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds great :)

Hart Johnson said...

Oooh! Sounds like a great resource! Thanks for spreading the word!

Jennie Bailey said...

WOW! Those are incredible prices!!

Slamdunk said...

Finding someone talent, reasonably priced and responsive is def like discovering treasure.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Good grief that's cheap. If only I was ready :-(

Anonymous said...

Boomarked. Just in case.

Ninja Girl said...

Hey Falen,
Checked out Brent's blog (really pretty and informative btw), looks like he provides a great service for very little money. My aunts are actually my critique partners. They're nice and all, but they can often be brutal lol--which I guess is what I need to make my books better. Hope you're having a great week!
Ninja Girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...