Monday, November 4, 2013

In Which I Got Book Happy... Or Something

So as I briefly mentioned last Thursday, my laptop is busted (has a virus or something). And until I can afford to get it fixed (hopefully my next paycheck) I'm stuck working on my netbook. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, except that my stupid MS Office starter stopped working so I had to shell out the cash for MS Office for my netbook (which further delayed the laptop fix)

Anyway, I normally do a lot of my blog surfing and all my blog writing with my laptop, so being forced to do it on my netbook is a pain in the ass.

But here I am, carving out some time, trying to catch up on writing some posts.

But, if I'm behind on your blogs, please know that that's the reason why, and not because I'm ignoring you or anything. I actually miss you quite a bit. You know who you are.

On a completely unrelated note, I saw that Allie Brosh's, from Hyperbole and a Half, book: Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened released on Tuesday. I was so excited that I went and ordered it right away.

The email said it would arrive on Friday, so I was patiently waiting when, TADA! It actually showed up on Thursday, a day early.

Nice.

But, imagine my surprise when I got a package in the mail on... Friday. And it was the same book.

Conclusion: I guess I preordered the book way back when, forgot I had done so, and then ordered a new copy. So now I have two.

Luckily the Bro said he would pay for the second copy, which is good.


Am I the only one who's ever done this? I hope not... Please tell me I'm not alone in this...

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's funny! My wife has done that before.
Hope you can get your laptop fixed soon.

Maria Zannini said...

LOL. I've done that with dvds--especially after we switched from video to dvd. I couldn't remember for sure what I had in my dvd library.

Jessica Bell said...

LOL, no I've never done this, but I have done some pretty silly shit in the past. True story: I couldn't find my cell phone. So I decided to call it and listen for the ring, but I couldn't remember my number, so I flicked open my cell phone to search for my cell number. Seriously, it did not register that I was holding it until I dialed the number on my landline and it vibrated in my hand. :)

Jay Noel said...

Ha! That's funny. That's why I don't pre-order stuff. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'd end up with 2 of everything.

Hannah said...

Back in the annex, when we used to have the $.88, there was one book I kept buying. I think I got up to 8 copies at one point. I just kept thinking, wow, this sounds interesting. I should buy it. And I did that about 8 times...

Anne Gallagher said...

Not with books but other stuff. Especially clothes for the Monster. I bought her the same bathing suit on sale 3 times. Duh.

Kimberlee Turley said...

Always a pleasure to stop by your blog, no matter how infrequent my visits!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Computer problems are such a pain in the ass. But you are handling yours well.

Rena said...

Why Yes, Yes I have ordered something that I'd preordered a long time in advance.
But then I gave my extra copy as a Christmas gift, so early shopping and all.

Cardsharing Server said...

Terrific quality publish. I adore simply how much inforamtion one can have from your world wide web. And with regards to producing money and running a blog, you have some good content on right here.


Cardsharing Server

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...